We are excited to have one of the sharpest Home Inspectors with us today! Say hello to Daniel Fedosenko of Mr. Home Inspector Ltd! Daniel has been in the industry for a number of years and has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to home inspections. From Vancouver to Hope and everywhere in between they are helping homeowners check off all the boxes when it comes to home inspections. So without further ado, take it away Danny!
I have worked with Alistair Young and his team for a number of years. At Mr. Home Inspector our goal is to:
- Offer solutions to issues/challenges (not just reported problems)
- Go above and beyond the call of duty, and
- Provide exceptional customer service in the Lower Mainland (from Squamish to Hope).
Today, we wanted to cover the topic of Latent Defects. Latent defects are those which would not be revealed by any inquiry which a purchaser is in a position to make before entering the contract. Here are the top 10 Latent Defects that you may miss if you don’t have a proper home inspection done!
- Bathing area moisture issues behind tile surrounds: water damage.
- Pest infestation in attic, crawlspace, and or living areas: damage and air qulity issues can arise.
- Plumbing issue: polybutylene pipes with plastic fittings 1978-1995 years installed. Water damage and insurance issues, extra costs
- Hidden water leaks: ceilings, walls, or floors: water damage and extra costs will occur.
- Grade levels around homes too high up onto the structure: structural rot and extra costs will occur.
- Electrical panel size 60 amps: causes insurance issues and extra costs to upgrade the panel size to minimum 100 amps.
- Poor ventilation in attic causes mildew/mold in areas: air quality issues and extra costs to treat area.
- Toilet tanks by Crane manufactured between 1980-1991 (tanks prone to crack): water damage
- Basement and crawspace water leakage issues: water damage and extra costs to address.
- Aluminum wiring 1960’s to 1970’s: expands and contracts and loosens and can cause a fire.
There you have it folks–these 10 defects can be avoided by having a home inspection done before you move into your new home. Get in touch with me and my team today, we promise to help you find any issues and find a solution!