At 63% MarketSpeed™ (sales-to-active listing ratio) we are officially in a seller’s market. But the question is: Why?
- Sales: 25% less than the previous year, and with an average list price of $623,000 giving us a 5% increase compared to this time last year, and a 2% increase month over month.
- Active Listings: Active listings totaled 3169 which is a 15% decrease year over year, but a 5% increase month over month
- Days on the Market: Homes were on the market for an average of 10 days in April, which is an 11% increase from last year, and 23% less than the previous month.
All of these factors play into producing a Seller’s Market in the Fraser Valley. If you are interested in learning about the stats in your area please contact us and we will be happy to send you a report!
This new program for first time homebuyers called the HOME Partnership Program may be able to help them! In a nutshell the program breaks down as follows:
- Offers qualifying home buyers loans of up to $37,500, interest and payment free, for five years.
- The province has started accepting applications, started on January 16, 2017.
- To qualify, buyers must:
- be buying their first home
- obtain a high-ratio, insured first mortgage for at least 80 per cent of the purchase price
- have a combined gross household income not exceeding $150,000
- have saved a down payment amount at least equal to the loan amount
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident for at least five years
- have lived in BC for at least the full year preceding their application.
- The loans will be due in full if the buyer defaults on a payment, ceases to use the home as a principle residence or resells the home.
- The Facts:
- The loans will match a home buyer’s contribution to a down payment up to five per cent of the home’s purchase price
- The maximum purchase price to qualify for a loan is $750,000 (excluding taxes and fees)
- After five years, buyers can either repay their loan or enter into monthly payments at current interest rates
- Loans through the program are due after 25 years.
- The Application:
- Applicate/purchaser applies for loan
- Expected fees are $560.00
- Expected turnaround time is 5 days
- Housing Loan Approval is good for six months *** Pre Approval Certificate is required from a Bank before applying for the BC Housing Loan for Down Payment ***
- Applicants selects a home and writes offer.
- Lender approval and final contract to be sent to BC Housing minimum 14 days prior to closing date
- BC Housing will send instructions to lawyer/notary 4 days before closing date
- Please allow extra time if your client is applying for the program for subject removals.
For easy reference, please view the PDF Flow chart, power point, and scenario’s.
If you or someone you know has questions about this program, please contact me. I would be delighted to help!